Oprah devotes her whole life searching for her purposes in life. She devotes her whole life trying to be the best she could be. In her new book “The path made clear”, she shares her journey, her vision and her framework for a life of success. She believe everyone has a purpose. And, your real job in life is to figure out as soon as possible what that is, who you are meant to be, and begin to honour your calling in the best way possible.
Following are the best parts of her book in her own words:
- There is no greater gift you can give or receive than to honour your calling. It’s why you were born, And how you become most truly alive.
- Your life isn’t about a big break It’s about taking one significant life-transforming step at a time.
- What I know for sure is you become what you believe.
- I don’t believe in coincidence. I know there is a divine order to the magnificent mystery of our lives.
- Luck really means preparation meeting the moment of opportunity.
- I have a lot of things to prove to myself. One is that I can live my life fearlessly.
- Usually in times of uncertainty, my mantra is , When you don’t know what to do, do nothing and the answer will come.
- When you live in trust and faith, truly live it; what everyone else says and does becomes irrelevant.
- People have no idea of my tenacity. Once I commit to something and I have a full-hearted desire to see it work, I can’t imagine what it would take to make me quit.
- You are not your circumstances. You are your possibilities.
- The moment you know with certainty that your intention is fully aligned with what you believe, all bets are off. You’ve already won!
- Find your lane. Make space for the flow to show itself. Follow the natural rhythm of your life, and you will discover a force far greater than your own.
- This is a universal truth. We fall of course the minute our intention shifts from following our heart to responding to what we think others believe. All of a sudden, life feels complicated. That’s because you’ve altered your efforts in the hope of impressing someone else. The goal is to get back to living for yourself, to get back to your flow. And that is not a selfish thing. It’s an honourable thing.
- I have learned that creating your own purpose-filled momentum is possible only when you give yourself the space, momentum to moment, to focus on the next right choice.
In her books, she also includes some inspirational quotes from someones she interviewed during her career. Here are some best quotes from her guests:
- Management is telling somebody what to do. Leadership is inspiring them to do it. And inspiration, for me, comes from three areas. It’s the clarity of one’s vision, the courage of one’s conviction, and the ability to effectively communicate both of those things. ——- Jeff Weiner
- What are you here to do? What are you uniquely good at? Add to that the importance of doing it persistently, being dogged. There are massive returns to doggedness. —– Daniel Pink
- Potential is always bigger than the problem. —- Micheal Beckwith
- A lot of times people think, someday my path will start. But whatever is happening in this moment is the path. You’re already on it. —– Marianne williamson
- Surrounding yourself with people you want to be like takes you to the next level because they are modelling the lifestyle that you are stepping into. —– Bishop T. D. Jakes
- If you are in a place where you’re more powerful than the people around you, listen as much as you talk. And if you’re less powerful, talk as much as you listen.
- The poet Daniel Ladinsky wrote, Even after all this time, the sun never says to the earth, “You owe me.” Look what happens with a love like that. It lights the whole sky. That’s how you do it. All you have to do is give and practice this divine love. — Wayne Dyer
- I think luxury is a matter not of all the things you have, but of all the things you can afford to do without. — Pico Iyer
- Failure is what is going to humble you. It helps you realize how felling success can be. — Jeff Weiner
- Optimism is life a muscle that gets stronger with use. When you want to build a muscle, you’ve got to keep use=ing it. That’s how you have to be. I’m an eternal optimist and so I can find those little silver linings, those little moral victories. It takes courage to believe that the best is yet to come. — Robin Roberts
- The more fear is controlling you, the more limitation you have. — Gary Zukav