McDonalds shows their generosity of spirit by sharing their secrets of recipes for its Sausage and Egg McMuffin, and hash brown during coronavirus shutdown. This is an unprecedented step for the chain, which usually keeps its secrets tightly guarded. Go McDonalds, we love you.
HOW TO MAKE A SAUSAGE AND EGG MCMUFFIN AT HOME
- One English Muffin
- 75g of sausage meat
- One egg
- One slice of American Cheese
- Toast English muffin until golden brown.
- Season sausage meat with a pinch of salt and pepper then shape into balls.
- Flatten into patty shapes and cook under a pre-heated grill for six to seven minutes on each side (or as per instructions on packaging).
- Brush the inside of a metal ring with a little oil and place in a small frying pan.
- Pour in just enough water to cover the base then bring to the boil.
- Crack the eggs into the rings, cover the pan and cook for two to three minutes.
- Assemble your McMuffin by layering the patty and egg on top of a slice of cheese.
HOW TO MAKE A HASH BROWN AT HOME
- One egg
- some olive oil
- Grate the potato into a bowl.
- Mix in an egg then season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a glug of oil in a pan then add a spoonful of the mix.
- Flatten and cook until golden brown on both sides.